- Date: Tuesday, August 18, 2020
- Time: 2:00 – 3:00 PM ET
- Location: Virtual Event – Zoom Webinar
- PMAC Member/Affiliate: Complimentary
- Non-Member/Non-Affiliate: $50 + tax
Session Title: Workplace EDI & Allyship Lived Experience
This presentation by Dr. Hadiya Roderique will highlight some of the challenges and key biases that diverse individuals face in the workplace, from hiring to evaluation and promotion. The presentation will also focus on actionable ways to address these bias challenges. Hadiya draws on cutting edge research and studies to illustrate and work through solutions using an intersectional lens.
The presentation will also focus on the impact and cost of subtle and overt discrimination in the workplace, the power of allyship, and how to be a better ally.
Topics include how fear gets in the way of allyship, change and growth, what privilege and anti-racism actually means, and a discussion of how to talk about race and bias in a constructive way.
PMAC has applied to have this event accredited by the Law Society of Ontario for Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI) Professionalism hours. Attendees will be notified as to the status and success of this application.
Lawyers’ Network: Lawyers are also invited to register below to join the Lawyers’ Network breakout discussions following the webinar at 3:15 PM. Participants will convene in small groups of 6-8 and will have the chance to discuss unique opportunities and challenges presented by the current environment to your peers. PMAC has applied for CPD accreditation, including ED (Equality, Diversity & Inclusion) accreditation in Ontario for this breakout.
Thank you to Our Sponsors
Should you need assistance with registering, please contact Gillian Murch at email@example.com.
- For Members/Affiliates who are no long able to attend, please notify firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience.
- For Non-Members, to receive a refund, cancellations must be received in writing via email to Gillian Murch at email@example.com on or by August 14, 2020. Substitutions may be made at any time, in writing, at no additional fee. If you register for the webinar and do not attend, you are responsible for the full registration fee.