- Date: Thursday, August 20, 2020
- Time: 3:00 – 4:30 PM ET
- Location: Virtual Event – Zoom Webinar
- PMAC Member/Affiliate: Complimentary
- Non-Member/Non-Affiliate: $50 + tax
Session Title: Perspectives on the Future of Canadian Securities Regulation & SROs
The Canadian Securities Administrators and the Ontario Capital Markets Modernization Taskforce have recently released consultation reports raising the potential for fundamental changes to the Canadian regulatory landscape. IIROC and the MFDA have also released their perspectives. We invite you to join us for an informative and engaging exploration of the these issues, with perspectives on the Cooperative Capital Markets Regulatory System, the U.S. experience with self-regulation and SEC regulation of advisers, the governance of and place for self-regulatory bodies and the implications for the oversight of portfolio managers within these structures.
Margaret Gunawan, Managing Director, Head of Legal & Compliance, BlackRock Canada
- Karen Barr, President & CEO, Investment Adviser Association (IAA)
- Kevan Cowan, CEO, Capital Markets Authority Implementation Organization (CMAIO)
- Dr. Richard Leblanc, President, BoardExpert.com Inc.
- Geoffrey Ritchie, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary, Mawer Investment Management
Should you need assistance with registering, please contact Gillian Murch at email@example.com.
We understand that unexpected circumstances may force a registrant to cancel.
- For Members/Affiliates who are no long able to attend, please notify firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience.
- For Non-Members, to receive a refund, cancellations must be received in writing via email to Gillian Murch at email@example.com on or by August 17, 2020. Substitutions may be made at any time, in writing, at no additional fee. If you register for the webinar and do not attend, you are responsible for the full registration fee.