View Firm Profile
Fiera Capital | CGOV Asset Management
21 Bedford Road, Suite 300
Toronto, ON M5R 2J9
(416) 929 - 7145
Executive Vice President, Private Wealth
Tel: (416) 929 - 8092
Senior Vice President, Investment Counsellor
Tel: (416) 646 - 0192
Types of Accounts Managed
- Private Individual / Investor
- Institutional Investor - Pension Plan
- Institutional Investor - Non-Profit
- Institutional Investor - First Nations
- Institutional Investor - Other
Provinces of Business
- British Columbia
- Nova Scotia
* indicates a physical location in this province
As of May 31, 2018, CGOV Asset Management has joined Fiera Capital Corporation, one of Canada’s leading global independent investment management firms. www.fieracapital.com
Established in 1995, CGOV Asset Management oversees in excess of $3 billion on behalf of private clients, foundations, pension plans and First Nations.
CGOV Asset Management builds focused equity portfolios run by superior management teams diversified across globally recognized industry sectors.
Key CGOV Asset Management characteristics support their investment philosophy:
- People. Portfolio managers have on average more than 23 years of financial services experience. The investment team has remained intact since 1997, managing client portfolios through multiple market cycles.
- Process. CGOV believes that a disciplined and repeatable process increases a client’s probability of long term success.
- Size. They purposely limit the number of clients they work with in order to maintain a high standard of client service.
- Stability. Team turnover at CGOV Asset Management is very low. They have a stable ownership structure and all partners share a long term commitment to the firm.
Each client’s situation is unique and achieving their goals requires a customized approach. CGOV strives to deliver value by helping clients understand their individual goals and then developing a tailored Investment Policy Statement. Their disciplined and repeatable investment approach is employed under the guidelines of each client’s Investment Policy.
The CGOV Foundation
CGOV is uniquely positioned to help private clients with their charitable giving and estate planning. The CGOV Foundation was created in 2006 as an arms-length public foundation to facility their clients’ desire to contribute to society, and leave a legacy for their families, in a tax-effective manner. As well, CGOV partners have a formal commitment of annual charitable donations to the Foundation.
CGOV manages concentrated investment portfolios for pension plans and other institutional clients. Their Equity Mandates (Canadian, Total and Global) and Balanced Mandates are constructed to not look or act like the underlying indices. They employ a disciplined and repeatable approach that has been proven successful over the last 20 years. They believe that long-term value is derived from a stable team exercising good judgment and utilizing portfolios of high quality securities.
- Canadian Equity: 100% Canadian companies
- Total Equity: Global portfolio including Canada
- Global Equity: Global portfolio
- Dividend Equity: Global portfolio of companies that pay dividends, with a Canadian bias
- Balanced: Portfolio that combines a customized mix of cash and equivalents and CGOV’s Equity and Fixed Income
Safe Keeping of Assets
- As is the case with all asset management firms in Canada, CGOV does not hold any assets for our clients
- All assets are held in custody by a bank or trust company
- Clients receive a quarterly statement from CGOV that shows their holdings, transactions and performance
- CGOV also works with clients to produce customized reports for any specific information they require
- Clients also receive a monthly statement from their custodian