View Firm Profile
Invesco Canada Ltd.
120 Bloor Street East, Suite 700
Toronto, Ontario M4W 1B7
Toll Free: (416) 324 - 7618
Assistant Vice President
Tel: (416) 324 - 7618
Types of Accounts Managed
- Private Individual / Investor
- Family Office
- Institutional Investor - Pension Plan
- Institutional Investor - Non-Profit
- Institutional Investor - First Nations
- Institutional Investor - Other
Provinces of Business
- British Columbia*
- New Brunswick
- Newfoundland and Labrador
- Nova Scotia
- Prince Edward Island
- Northwest Territories
- United States*
- International - Non-North American*
* indicates a physical location in this province
Invesco Ltd. is one of the world’s leading independent global investment firms, solely focused on investment management. The firm, now called Invesco Ltd., was originally established in December 1935 under the laws of England and Wales. Although several of the firm’s constituent corporate entities are significantly older, Invesco Ltd. in its modern form was created by the 1997 combination of two asset management businesses: Invesco and Aim, both of which had been founded in the 1970s.
One of Invesco Ltd.’s greatest competitive advantages is the combined power of its distinctive worldwide investment management capabilities. Invesco offers diversified investment strategies spanning all major equity, fixed income, asset allocation and alternative asset classes. These strategies are managed across various worldwide investment centers, each of which focuses on distinct asset classes, investment styles or regional expertise.
Each discrete investment team has a clearly articulated investment philosophy and process that is aligned with client expectations and has been developed through multiple market cycles. CIOs are charged with managing these investment disciplines and developing talent. Each team is able to operate independently, allowing them to follow and further their specific investment style and expertise.
The distinctive combination of independent thought within individual investment centers and collaboration across investment centers provides clients the reach and resources of a global organization and the focus and attention of a boutique firm:
– Invesco’s investment capabilities are both diverse and specialized;
– The firm is global in reach yet local in presence and its processes are disciplined
yet can be delivered in customized ways.
Within each investment team — and across Invesco worldwide — there are independent risk management controls and processes that drive transparency. The firm’s CIOs, executive management team, fund boards and the Invesco Ltd. Board of Directors all provide oversight and seek to ensure quality.
Service and Communication
We work with investors and their intermediaries to provide the information and education required to support the effective adoption of our investment strategies into the overall portfolio. This can take the form of:
– Onboarding sessions with the committee and key personnel;
– Detailed quarterly reports that provide holdings, book cost, market value,
performance and commentary;
– Overviews of the team, investment philosophy and process;
– Ongoing access to investment insight articles and videos to provide insights
into the team and their performance;
– Periodic review meetings – update on the performance, process and trends
influencing management of the strategy.
Invesco Canada holds periodic conferences for our clients and intermediaries in cities across Canada. These conferences are usually theme-based and provide a valuable interaction between our investment professionals, third party experts and investors and discuss trends, economic factors influencing institutional investing and solutions we see our clients globally adopting to address their challenges.