View Firm Profile
PCJ Investment Counsel Ltd.
Senior Vice President / Head of Institutional Sales, Canada
Tel: (416) 364 - 5396
Types of Accounts Managed
- Institutional Investor - Pension Plan
- Institutional Investor - Non-Profit
- Institutional Investor - First Nations
- Institutional Investor - Other
Provinces of Business
- British Columbia
- Nova Scotia
- United States
- International - Non-North American
* indicates a physical location in this province
PCJ Investment Counsel was formed in August 1996 to provide specialty Canadian equity management to pension fund sponsors, corporations and mutual funds. The team’s philosophy is grounded in the belief that:
- Market inefficiencies provide opportunities to add value
- Earnings growth ultimately drives stock prices
- Catalysts for organic growth are best identified through independent fundamental research
PCJ builds concentrated portfolios that combine thoughtful security selection with a prudent focus on risk management to create the best environment from which to generate value for clients over the long term.
PCJ is part of Connor, Clark & Lunn Financial Group, a multi-boutique investment management company, whose affiliated investment teams collectively manage approximately $71 billion in financial assets on behalf of institutional and retail clients.
All non-investment management functions are centralized and are the responsibility of CC&L Financial Group. The organizational strength allowed by this centralization of resources enables the affiliated investment teams, including PCJ, to benefit from deep, high quality operational support. Each team is able to maintain its distinct and independent culture and focus on the key functions of investment management and client service.