View Firm Profile
State Street Global Advisors, Ltd.
Tel: (647) 775 - 7868
Types of Accounts Managed
- Family Office
- Institutional Investor - Pension Plan
- Institutional Investor - Non-Profit
- Institutional Investor - First Nations
- Institutional Investor - Other
Provinces of Business
- British Columbia
- New Brunswick
- Newfoundland and Labrador
- Nova Scotia
- Prince Edward Island
- Northwest Territories
- United States
- International - Non-North American
* indicates a physical location in this province
Founded in 1978 as the asset management arm of State Street Corporation, State Street Global Advisors is grounded in State Street’s 225-year heritage of helping people manage their assets wisely. Today, we’re the world’s third largest asset manager with over $2.5 trillion USD in assets under management for more than 2800 clients, ranging from central banks and sovereign wealth funds, to pensions, foundations and investment advisors.We work closely with investors to better understand their needs and objectives, and to develop thoughtful, precise solutions designed to help meet a wide range of investment goals. From our roots as an indexing pioneer to our capabilities in active, smart beta and alternatives, our clients’ investing challenges have served as a catalyst for our innovation for more than 40 years. Our clients are the world’s governments, institutions and financial advisors – and together we partner to solve some of the world’s most pressing investment challenges.
At State Street Global Advisors, our investment philosophy is guided by these core beliefs:
Understanding multiple dimensions
– Creating successful investment outcomes starts with understanding the multiple dimensions of a client’s long-term objectives and liabilities.
Focusing on asset allocation
– The primary driver of long-term returns is asset allocation.
– Investors need efficient access to a broad universe of capital market exposure.
– Focus should be on underlying risks, not asset class labels.
Knowing markets are not always efficient
– Due to behavioral biases, informational inefficiencies and limits to arbitrage, markets are not always efficient, leading to opportunities for excess returns.
Achieving capital-& risk-efficient portfolios
– A thoughtful and precise combination of market-, factor- and idiosyncratic-risk, along with manager skill, are key to achieving capital-, and risk-efficient portfolios.
Detailed information on SSGA’s product and services can be found on: www.ssga.com
Reporting and Communication with Clients
State Street Global Advisors employs its own direct sales, marketing, client service and consultant relations teams that are responsible for marketing and servicing firm’s clients. Our firm seeks to foster long-term strategic alliances with clients by sharing insights and the vast resources of State Street Global Advisors. We provide investment information and our thought leadership to clients through multiple channels.