View Firm Profile
Successful Investor Wealth Management Inc.
Tel: (416) 756 - 0888
Types of Accounts Managed
- Private Individual / Investor
- Institutional Investor - Pension Plan
- Institutional Investor - Non-Profit
- Institutional Investor - Other
Provinces of Business
- British Columbia
- New Brunswick
- Newfoundland and Labrador
- Nova Scotia
- Prince Edward Island
- Northwest Territories
* indicates a physical location in this province
The Successful Investor group provides an investor service that is unique in Canada. Successful Investor Wealth Management Inc. is an affiliate of The Successful Investor Inc., the investment newsletter publishing company founded in 1994 by Patrick McKeough. Mr. McKeough is also the author of the 1993 Canadian best seller, ”Riding the Bull: How You Can Profit in the 1990s Stock Market Boom.” Pat edited The Investment Reporter from 1974 to 1994.
As a professional investment analyst for more than 25 years, Pat has developed a stock selection technique that is proven reliable in both bull and bear markets. His proprietary ValuVesting System™ focuses on stocks that have exceptional quality at a relatively low price.
As early as 1980, Pat was recognized as #1 in the world of published investment advice by the Washington, DC–based Newsletter Publishers Association, and he was the first multi-year winner of The Globe and Mail’s stock picking contest. Both CBS MarketWatch and The Hulbert Financial Digest recognize Pat as one of North America’s top stock analysts.
As of October 2012, Successful Investor Wealth Management Inc. had approximately $300 million under management. Clients can invest as little as $150,000 in our Pooled Funds.
In managing each account, we apply our three-part Successful Investor investment strategy:
- We invest mainly in well-established companies. On the whole, well established companies provide better safety and stronger performance than junior companies or those burdened with shaky finances or poorly thought-out business plans.
- We downplay stocks that are currently in the broker/media limelight. Too much broker and media attention leads to rising investor expectations, and stocks suffer when they fail to live up to those expectations. Instead, we aim to zero in on stocks that offer hidden value that is not widely recognized or appreciated by many investors.
- We spread our clients’ investments funds out across most if not all of the five main economic sectors (Manufacturing & Industry; Resources & Commodities; Consumer Goods & Services; Finance; Utilities). This cuts risk while increasing your chances of investing in market superstars — stocks that shoot up two or three or more times faster than the average stock.
This approach pays off nicely over most market cycles, which generally last at least several years and includes both a market boom and a market bust. It lets us profit in market booms, and hang on to much of that profit in an ensuing market downturn.
Reporting & Communication with Clients
The brokerage subsidiary of one of the Big Five Canadian banks serves as custodian of all our client accounts, and sends out all the usual brokerage statements and trade confirmations to our clients.
In addition, at the end of each calendar quarter, we send all our clients a specialized report we have developed to satisfy the clients’ desire for information about their portfolios. The report covers all accounts we manage for the client. It includes a spreadsheet that shows the economic sectors and Successful Investor ratings of all stocks in which your money is invested.
Additional client contact, in person or by phone, mail or email, is available on request.