View Firm Profile
EdgePoint Investment Group Inc.
Tel: (416) 505 - 9586
Types of Accounts Managed
- Private Individual / Investor
- Family Office
- Institutional Investor - Pension Plan
- Institutional Investor - Non-Profit
- Institutional Investor - First Nations
- Institutional Investor - Other
Provinces of Business
- British Columbia
- New Brunswick
- Newfoundland and Labrador
- Nova Scotia
- Prince Edward Island
* indicates a physical location in this province
Founded in 2008 with three goals.
(1) Achieve investment results at or near the top of our peer group over 10 years
(2) Remain an investment-led company with strong relationships with our investment partners
(3) Maintain a company culture that inspires employees to think and act like owners
EdgePoint is a company that:
– is owned and operated by investors
– uses investment results rather than asset growth as its benchmark for success
– takes a stand against costly product structures
– invests its own money in its products alongside its investment partners
– focuses on being a valued partner to a few versus everything to everybody
– communicates with its investment partners regularly and honestly
– is privately held which means it answers to investors, not shareholders
When it comes to investing, our approach is deceptively simple. We buy good, undervalued businesses and hold them until the market fully recognizes their potential. Following this approach requires an ability to think independently, a natural curiosity necessary to search out new ideas and a commitment to embrace the thorough research required to uncover opportunities the market doesn’t fully appreciate.
Our concentrated portfolios are representative of our very best ideas at any given time. As true active managers, we have to be comfortable looking wrong for periods of time. Our willingness to look wrong in the short term gives us our edge.
We’re not afraid to look wrong. We’ll swim against the current because we know the value of the businesses we own and stick with them even when they’ve fallen out of favour for reasons that have nothing to do with their underlying fundamentals. Call us the salmon of the investment world!