View Firm Profile
PenderFund Capital Management Ltd.
Director, Institutional & Family Office Wealth Services
Tel: (604) 250 - 6917
Types of Accounts Managed
- Private Individual / Investor
- Institutional Investor - Pension Plan
- Institutional Investor - Non-Profit
- Institutional Investor - First Nations
- Institutional Investor - Other
Provinces of Business
- British Columbia*
- New Brunswick
- Newfoundland and Labrador
- Nova Scotia
- Prince Edward Island
- Northwest Territories
* indicates a physical location in this province
Who We Are
Pender was founded in 2003 and is an independent, employee-owned investment firm located in Vancouver, British Columbia. Our goal is to protect and grow wealth for our investors over time. We have a talented investment team of expert analysts, security selectors and independent thinkers who actively manage our suite of niche investment funds, exploiting inefficient parts of the investing universe to achieve our goal.
- We believe that small and nimble funds, such as ours, can be opportunistic, accessing unique investment opportunities that are potentially rewarding for investors.
- We believe that funds with concentrated portfolios of value‐based investments have the potential to generate superior long‐term, risk‐adjusted returns.
- We believe that managers who have their own financial interests aligned with those of investors in the fund show greater conviction in their investment process and act with heightened vigilance of both risks and opportunities.
- We believe that a diverse and inclusive team drives more rounded conversations, leading to better decision making for our funds.
The name “Pender” is well-recognized in the lower mainland of British Columbia. Pender Harbour on the Sunshine Coast was named after Daniel Pender, a Royal Naval Officer and Captain who served and led several expeditions to accurately chart the BC coastline. Apparently known for his “zeal and thoroughness…his mandate was to resolve unsafe discrepancies in…the survey maps of Captain Cook and Captain Vancouver”1. Navigating unsafe waters is what we do too.
1 The Reverend Ed Hird, St Simon’s Anglican Church, North Vancouver (date unavailable)