View Firm Profile
PenderFund Capital Management Ltd.
Institutional Relationship Manager
Tel: (604) 630 - 5452
Types of Accounts Managed
- Private Individual / Investor
- Institutional Investor - Pension Plan
- Institutional Investor - Non-Profit
- Institutional Investor - First Nations
- Institutional Investor - Other
Provinces of Business
- British Columbia*
* indicates a physical location in this province
Who We Are
Pender is an independent, employee-owned, value-based investment firm located in Vancouver. Our goal is to create value for our investors by generating superior risk-adjusted returns, while protecting capital and minimizing downside risk. Pender has a team of specialist portfolio managers who are expert analysts, security selectors and value investors. They manage a suite of niche investment funds with concentrated portfolios of value-based investments in which they are also investors. We have the following investing philosophy:
- We believe that small and nimble funds, such as ours, can be opportunistic, accessing unique investment opportunities that are potentially rewarding for investors.
- We believe that funds with concentrated portfolios of value‐based investments have the potential to generate superior long‐term, risk‐adjusted returns.
- We believe that managers who have their own financial interests aligned with those of investors in the fund show greater conviction in their investment process and act with heightened vigilance of both risks and opportunities.
The name “Pender” is well-recognized in the lower mainland of British Columbia. Pender Harbour on the Sunshine Coast was named after Daniel Pender, a Royal Naval Officer and Captain who served and led several expeditions to accurately chart the BC coastline. Apparently known for his “zeal and thoroughness…his mandate was to resolve unsafe discrepancies in…the survey maps of Captain Cook and Captain Vancouver”1. Navigating unsafe waters is what we do too.
1 The Reverend Ed Hird, St Simon’s Anglican Church, North Vancouver (date unavailable)