View Firm Profile
TriDelta Investment Counsel Inc.
2 Sheppard Avenue East
Toronto, Ontario M2N 5Y7
(416) 733 - 3292
Toll Free: (888) 816 - 8927
Edward (Ted) Rechtshaffen
Chief Executive Officer
Tel: (416) 733 - 3292 ext 221
Types of Accounts Managed
- Private Individual / Investor
- Institutional Investor - Pension Plan
- Institutional Investor - Non-Profit
- Institutional Investor - First Nations
- Institutional Investor - Other
Provinces of Business
- British Columbia
* indicates a physical location in this province
TriDelta Investment Counsel Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of TriDelta Financial Partners Inc. which was established in April 2004. We are an independently owned financial wealth management company.
We take the time to craft unique solutions that are appropriate to client’s particular circumstances. This stems from our belief that the best solutions can only be found through consideration of the clients entire financial picture and not viewing investments, insurance, or estate planning in isolation.
Together, we develop financial plans that help clients answer the following types of questions:
- Is there any risk of me outliving my money?
- I know how much money I have, but will it allow me to do the things I want to do?
- Am I being tax smart or are there other things we should be doing?
- In retirement, what is the smartest way for me to draw money?
- How can I generate more investment income without taking a lot of risk?
- Are there ways to improve my investment portfolio?
- I have a corporation, but don’t have a good plan for getting money out efficiently.
- Can I afford to retire now?
- Can I afford to spend more on myself — and how much more?
- Can I afford to help my kids and grandkids without putting myself at risk?
What makes TriDelta unique in Canada is that we have combined the planning required to answer these questions with the ability to implement the best possible solutions. This makes your personal financial plan a reality.
The second is that we realize that no individual can be an expert on every aspect of financial advisor services. For that reason, we deliver a team approach partnering with internal and external specialists as required. For example, if a client has a mortgage coming due, TriDelta Financial has partnered with a few expert mortgage brokers to ensure the best mortgage rates in Canada by shopping the whole market – as opposed to simply the best mortgage offer from one company.
Next, we employ a variety of solutions to match the individual client. We recognize that no two people or families are alike and therefore implement investment portfolios and plans which are specific to the clients needs and goals. In order to provide this value to clients we work with the client to develop an asset allocation which may include equity, fixed income, preferred shares, and alternative strategies.
Many Canadians deserve better from their financial service providers.
Unfortunately, many of us are over charged, under serviced, given biased advice, and seldom provided a co-ordinated financial plan.
As financial service veterans who have seen the industry from the inside, we have built TriDelta Financial to address these issues in 6 key ways.
1. Our Wealth Advisors all share three traits – professionalism, integrity and client focus.
They are Certified Financial Planners, representing the highest professional designation in the Financial Planning industry. At TriDelta Financial they have the freedom to truly act in their clients’ best interest.
2. We work for you and get paid accordingly.
Our Wealth Advisors are paid a salary and receive a bonus that is based in large part on keeping clients happy. Our goal is to do good work for clients so that they will be clients for many years, and that they will tell others about their positive experience. The better job we do, the more our Wealth Advisors are paid.
3. Our Wealth Advisors are like the ‘Family Doctor’.
Our approach is similar to that found with your Family Doctor and the Specialists that you might be referred to. The TriDelta Wealth Advisor works with you to help you reach your dreams by building a plan with you. They have strong knowledge across investments, insurance, debt management, estate and tax planning. However, even with this knowledge, it is impossible to have the same depth as someone who specializes in one of these areas. As a result, we have partnered with industry leading specialists in each of these disciplines to deliver the best solutions to you.
4. Through our Wealth Advisors, you will receive a co-ordinated plan and advice.
Most Canadians have one or two people looking at their investments, another one or two people looking after insurance, someone else advising on a mortgage, etc. Unfortunately, without a co-ordinated view, many Canadians don’t have an aligned financial strategy and can miss out on significant opportunities to build their net worth.
5. In many cases we provide greater value at half the cost.
If you are currently investing in mutual funds, our total fees for financial planning and investment management can be much lower than what you currently pay. In addition, on non-registered accounts our fees are tax deductible, providing significant added value.
6. We offer access to the best product solutions regardless of company.
This means that whether you are looking for investments, insurance or a mortgage, our only concern is finding the best solution for you, not to sell any particular product.
Quite simply, TriDelta Financial offers Canadians the kind of financial peace of mind they have been looking for, but have rarely received from their stockbroker, mutual fund salesperson, or bank.